Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Best Supporting Actress 1983

And the nominees were...


  • Cher in Silkwood as Dolly Pelliker
  • Glenn Close in The Big Chill as Sarah Cooper
  • Linda Hunt in The Year of Living Dangerously as Billy Kwan (winner)
  • Amy Irving in Yentl as Hadass
  • Alfre Woodard in Cross Creek as Geechee

The Field: After a year where I found myself struggling to sit down and watch the movies and write about them (It took me two months, which should be sign enough how much I enjoyed the year), I'm hoping this year will compel me to do better. It definitely has an interesting group of films and actresses that on paper look incredibly diverse and unique. I've only seen the winning performance, so once again I'm going in blind on the rest. That's how most of these years pre-2000 will be, though.

No comments: