And the nominees were....
- Sandy Dennis as Honey in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (winner)
- Wendy Hiller as Lady Alice More in A Man for All Seasons
- Jocelyne LaGarde as Queen Malama in Hawaii
- Vivien Merchant as Lily Clamacraft in Alfie
- Geraldine Page as Margery Chanticleer in You're a Big Boy Now
The Field: The snail's pace continues! I'll probably never quite make it to ever finishing this project, but I've resigned myself to that and have decided to just have fun with it. I'll do a year whenever I'm feeling in the mood, and I right now I am most definitely in the mood for a little 1966. These five ladies are all eminently interesting actresses, from the mysterious Merchant to the glorious Page to the quirky Dennis, one-timer LaGarde, and sour Hiller. I've only seen Virginia Woolf and Seasons before, so three of them will be first time watches for me. I'm probably most interested by LaGarde, who gave her only performance on film EVER here, and Page, who I just generally love. Incidentally, dear Geraldine is up first. As is now the norm, there will be a review every two days as I've finished them all beforehand so as to not get caught up mid-year.