Sunday, June 23, 2013

Best Supporting Actress 1942

And the nominees were....


  • Gladys Cooper as Mrs. Vale in Now, Voyager
  • Agnes Moorehead as Fany Minafer in The Magnificent Ambersons
  • Susan Peters as Kitty Chilcet in Random Harvest
  • May Whitty as Lady Beldon in Mrs. Miniver
  • Teresa Wright as Carol Beldon in Mrs. Miniver (winner)

The Field: This is not the first year I planned to do next, nor is it the second even. It's actually the third year. I have a thing for starting years, losing time and interest in them and starting over with a new one. It's not so much the years themselves but rather my penchant for starting work on years and letting too much time pass in between watching films and reviewing the performances. So, sorry 1947 & 2003, but this is my next year. I'm pretty excited to be doing this year because it's got an interesting collection of Oscar favorites in a group of interesting films that received a total of 26 Oscar nominations in 1942. I've vowed to review all of the nominees before posting this, so if you are reading this I've reviewed all of the nominees and they will be released two days apart. Though this looks to be a sad group from that group photo, I'm pretty excited to write about them! Gladys Cooper is up first. 

No comments: